Early Head Start Teacher Aide
Principal Functional Responsibilities
- Carry forth the Mission, Vision and Core Values of MVCDC, Inc.; support the quality management principles; and work toward agency and program goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and active supervision of children during all parts of the daily routine
- to minimize the potential for children being left alone and/or unsupervised.
- ASSIST TO ENSURE ADULT/CHILD RATIO IS MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES.
- Ensure classroom compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, MVCDC Regulation.
- Maintain established standards of sanitation, safety, food preparation and assist in preparing nutritious meals and snacks.
- Participate in team development, MVCDC staff/site meetings and trainings.
- Practice general hygiene, including washing hands before and after diapering, before and after feeding, assist infants and toddlers with hand washing and toddlers with tooth brushing.
- Ensure a family style meal setting occurs with toddlers.
- Provide care for four infants or toddlers when needed to meet adult/child ratios.
- Assist with monitoring updated inventory and security of educational materials and equipment.
- Collaborate with the Teacher and Support Supervisor to ensure Early Head Start compliance for Federal and Peer Reviews.
- Support agency’s goal of NAEYC accreditation and Step Up to Quality at all sites, including updating professional development training hours, information and verification via the Ohio Professional Development Network (OPDN).
- Ensure cleanliness, security and appropriate use of equipment, materials and documentation.
- Represent MVCDC professionally, both in manner and dress, to staff, parents, volunteers, and the community.
- Complete time sheets, mileage sheets and leave requests per agency time frames.
- Adhere to agency confidentiality policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned to assist in providing quality services for children and families.