Family and Community Partnership Support Supervisor
Ensures compliance with all Head Start Performance Standards, MVCDC Service Plans and Policies and Procedures. Directly supervises/manages the daily operations and staff at assigned sites regarding state licensing, health and safety, nutrition, facilities and parent/staff/community concerns. Ensures compliance with ODJFS, County Department of Human Services, County Department of Health and MVCDC regulations. Provides and/or coordinates training and technical assistance for staff, parents, and volunteers as well as ensures the implementation of parent activities.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
- Carries forth the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of MVCDC, Inc.; supports the quality management principles; and works toward the agency and program goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and active supervision of children during all parts of the daily routine
- to minimize the potential for children being left alone and/or unsupervised.
- Collaborates with other agency personnel to ensure quality services are provided to all eligible children and families in accordance with agency policies.
- Works with the Operations Managers to make recommendations for hiring of staff and staff assignments, ensuring all staff positions are filled with qualified personnel in a timely manner and in accordance with MVCDC procedures. Ensures that staff receives adequate new employee orientation and training.
- Supervises mentors and coaches assigned Family Support Staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations of all assigned staff. Monitors performance and provides verbal and written feedback and develops and implements corrective action plans in accordance with MVCDC policies.
- Ensures the timely and accurate submission of all required and requested administrative documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave requests, requisitions, monitoring reports).
- Conducts regular on-site visits, ensuring verbal and written feedback is given to the appropriate staff.
- Ensures that recruitment and enrollment activities are conducted in compliance with the agency guidelines and federal requirements.
- Work with staff to ensure that physicals, dentals and health screenings are completed for children within the required guidelines.
- Monitor all health and social service referrals and follow-up, as well as MH and LEA referrals.
- Monitor the completion of social service home visits, family assessments and family partnership agreements to meet agency guidelines.
- Reviews required reports and follows-up with the appropriate supervisor/support staff to determine the quality of operations and compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, State Daycare Licensing, USDA, children’s files, transportation, dietary concerns/food allergies and medical care plan, LEA process, full day requirements and MVCDC regulations.