Miami Valley Child Development Centers, Inc. (MVCDC) is a non-profit corporation established in 1964. MVCDC provides Early Childhood programs in Clark, Madison and Montgomery Counties. The program is designed to meet the developmental needs of children six weeks to five years. Our overall goal is to support and increase the school readiness of children and families. MVCDC provides highly qualified staff in and out of our classrooms. Each child will be assigned a classroom and consistent teacher to ensure continuity of care while in attendance. Each family is assigned a Family Support Specialist to assist the family with goal setting and obtaining any needed resources to ensure family well-being. We provide comprehensive service to the family not just the child enrolled.
MVCDC operates Head Start and Early Head Start programs. We offer a variety of program options such as Part Day (3 ½ hour preschool sessions), Full day (infant/toddler/preschool), School Day (6 hour preschool), Home Base and Partner locations. See our location map for more information. Transportation may be available, as needed.
MVCDC supports the Guiding Principles that have been fundamental to the Head Start program since its inception. They underlie the program policies and practices that prepare young children for success in school and beyond.
- Each child is unique and can succeed
- Learning occurs within the context of relationships
- Families are children’s first and most important caregivers, teachers and advocates
- Children learn best when they are emotionally and physically safe and secure
- Areas of development are integrated and children learn many concepts and skills at the same time
- Teaching must be intentional and focused on how children learn and grow
- Every child has diverse strengths rooted in their family’s culture, background, language and beliefs