Dear MVCDC Families,
We have missed seeing you and your children! We’re thrilled to share that our year-round classrooms will re-open Monday, June 8. Head Start families who are working traditional hours Monday through Friday will have first priority at the 10 sites we’re re-opening:
MET, Dixie, Kings Highway, Dayton View, Miami View, Stuart Patterson, East Dayton Early Learning Center and Findlay in Montgomery County; Springfield Children’s Center and the Early Childhood Education Center in Clark County.
We know that you have concerns and questions about what we’ll do to keep children and staff safe. The list of precautions that we’re taking is long and detailed. There is nothing more important to us than your child’s safety. We will prove that commitment to you each and every day.
An especially important change you’ll immediately notice is class sizes will be much smaller, meaning every teacher will be caring for fewer children. Ohio has the strictest rules in the country on this front, and we will follow new requirements to the letter. Equally critical, before we re-open to children, staff will be fully trained in new health and safety practices around everything from hand washing to diapering to serving lunch and snacks.
To name just some of the precautions we’ll be taking:
- Children and staff will have their temperatures taken and will wash their hands before entering a program.
- Families will be asked a series of questions upon arrival. If a child has symptoms of an illness or a temperature of more than 100 degrees, the child will be sent home.
- Families and staff will social distance at drop-off and pick-up. (Procedures will be different at each site, but, in some cases, families will not need to leave their car.)
- Staff will wear masks when interacting with families.
- The same staff member will escort your child to and from their classroom at drop-off and pick-up.
- Staff will not “float” among classrooms, reducing your child’s contact with adults other than your child’s teacher.
- We’ll use only disposable utensils, plates and cups.
- We’ll disinfect toys, tables, chairs, door knobs — anything the children touch — multiple times throughout the day and then do a thorough cleaning at the end of each day.
These are just some of the many new rules we’ll have in place to keep everyone safe. We invite you to ask questions and share your suggestions with your Family Support Specialist. But please don’t hesitate to call us at 937-226-5664, ext 200. We are eager to welcome you back and continue supporting you and teaching and nurturing your child!
President, Chief Executive Officer